2018-2019 WVDA Rates & Policies
Download your child's Dress Code:
- Acro Dress Code
- Ballet Dress Code
- Hip Hop Dress Code
- Jazz Dress Code
- Lyrical Dress Code
- Preschool Dress Code
- Tap (level 4) Dress Code
- Tap/Jazz (level 2-3) Dress Code
- Tap/Jazz/Ballet Intro Dress Code
Purchase dancewear at West Valley Dance Academy, Capezio Dance Shop, or online at Discountdance.com (use teacher code TP109280 at checkout for a discount on your first purchase.) - ALWAYS CHECK YOUR DRESS CODE BEFORE PURCHASING DANCEWEAR OR SHOES - ESPECIALLY FOR SHOE COLORS.
Tuition/Payment Policies 2018-2019
- Monthly tuition will be automatically charged to the credit card on file on the 20th of the month prior. If you prefer to pay by cash or check you must do so in the studio prior to the 20th, otherwise your account will be charged.
- All accounts must have a credit card on file in Studio Director (online portal) for tuition autobill.
- A late fee of $15 will be applied to any accounts not paid by the 1st of the month.
- A returned check fee of $25 will be applied to your account for any returned checks from your bank. Customers with returned checks more than once will no longer be allowed to pay by check going forward.
- Tuition is the same each month, regardless of how many classes fall within that month.
- Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Refunds will not be issued for missed classes, however make-up classes can be arranged (see Absences, Make-ups, Sickness/Injury Policies.)
General Class and Conduct Policies
- Students must be on-time for classes, meaning that they are in the building, dressed, and prepared for class when it is time to start.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late may be asked to sit and observe class that day because they have missed the warm-up.
- Excessive tardiness may result in a mandatory private lesson to catch up on what has been missed, and/or a mandatory change of class to one that the student can be on time for consistently.
- Please observe and abide by the dress code (see Dress Code Policies.)
- All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun, please use the restroom before class and bring your water bottle inside the studio.
- School age children and teens: please practice respect. This means giving your full attention and co-operation to the teacher during class and refraining from socializing with other students during class time.
- Parents: please demonstrate supportive and encouraging behavior toward your dancer and all other dancers at WVDA, children learn what is acceptable behavior by observing the actions of adults in their lives so it is our responsibility to set a good example for them.
- Any student or parent displaying disrespectful or hurtful behavior toward a staff member, student, or family member of another student may be asked to leave the studio, either for the day or permanently depending on the severity and number of offenses. Any classes already paid for will be forfeited by the customer; a refund will not be issued. This policy is in place because every individual in the West Valley Dance Academy community has the right to be treated respectfully and to feel welcomed at the studio.
Absences, Make-ups, and Sickness/Injury Policies
- Make-up classes can be schedule within a reasonable amount of time (2 weeks prior to or 2 weeks following the date of absence.) It is always best for the student to attend their regularly scheduled class but we understand that some absences may be unavoidable from time to time and therefore make-up classes are offered as a courtesy, they are not to be saved up and used in place of future tuition.
- During class if a student complains of being ill or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the teacher will send them to the front desk and the parents will be notified.
- If a student is sick - PLEASE DO NOT BRING THEM TO CLASS. Notify the front desk by phone or email that your child will be absent. If the teacher notices any excessive cold/flu symptoms in a student we will kindly request that the student goes home and takes a make-up class when the cold has passed.
- If a student needs to miss more than 2 weeks of class in a row for illness or injury, upon returning to classes we will require a doctor's note clearing the student to return to normal physical activity.
- If only one student is in attendance for a regularly scheduled class (effectively a private lesson for that day,) that class will be shortened: regularly 45-60 minutes will be 30 minutes, regularly 75-90 minutes will be 45 minutes.