2017-2018 WVDA Rates & Policies
Monthly tuition will be automatically charged to the credit card on file on the 1st of the month (for Summer Session it will be charged the first day of the session.) If you prefer to pay by cash or check you must do so in the studio prior to the 1st of the month, otherwise your account will be charged.
All families must have a credit card on file in Studio Director (online portal) for tuition autopayment.
A late fee of $15 will be applied to any accounts not paid by the 10th of that month.
A returned check fee of $25 will be applied to your account for any returned checks from your bank. Customers with returned checks more than once must pay with cash or credit card going forward.
Tuition is the same each month, regardless of how many classes fall within that month.
Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Refunds will not be issued for missed classes, however make-up classes can be arranged (see Absences, Make-ups, Sickness/Injury Policies.)
General Class and Conduct Policies
- Students must be on-time for classes, meaning that they are in the building, dressed, and prepared for class when it is time to start. Tardiness distracts and disrupts the rest of the class, is disrespectful to the teacher, and limits the student's opportunity to properly warm-up, and in some cases can limit the student's ability to progress technically.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late may be asked to sit and observe class that day because they have missed the warm-up. It is at the teacher's discretion to determine if it is safe to join the remainder of the class without having warmed up properly.
- Excessive tardiness may result in a mandatory private lesson to catch up on what has been missed, and/or a mandatory change of class to one that the student can be on time for consistently.
- Please observe and abide by the dress code (see Dress Code Policies.)
- All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun, please use the restroom before class.
- School age children and teens: please practice respect. This means giving your full attention and co-operation to the teacher during class and refraining from socializing with other students during class time.
- Parents: please demonstrate supportive and encouraging behavior toward your dancer and all other dancers at WVDA. Children learn what is acceptable behavior by observing the actions of adults in their lives so it is our responsibility to set a good example for them. Negative gossip or comments about the studio, staff, your own child, or another student will not be tolerated at WVDA.
- Any student or parent displaying disrespectful or hurtful behavior toward a staff member or other student may be asked to leave the studio, either for the day or permanently, depending on the severity and number of offenses. Any classes already paid for will be forfeited by the customer; a refund will not be issued. This policy is in place because every individual in the West Valley Dance Academy community has the right to be treated respectfully and to feel welcomed at the studio.
Absences, Make-ups, and Sickness/Injury Policies
- Make-up classes can be schedule within 2 weeks of the class missed (2 weeks prior to or 2 weeks following the date of absence.) It is always best for the student to attend their regularly scheduled class but we understand that some absences may be unavoidable from time to time and therefore make-up classes are offered as a courtesy, they are not to be saved up and used in place of future tuition.
- During class if a student complains of being ill or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the teacher will send them to the front desk and the parents will be notified.
- If a student is sick - PLEASE DO NOT BRING THEM TO CLASS. Notify the front desk by phone or email that your child will be absent. If the teacher notices any excessive cold/flu symptoms in a student we will kindly request that the student goes home and takes a make-up class when the cold has passed.
- If a student needs to miss more than 2 weeks of class in a row for illness or injury, upon returning to classes we will require a doctor's note clearing the student to return to normal physical activity.